A perfect Valentine’s Day Surprise! I admit I have bit of a sweet tooth and I am always in hunt of healthy recipe to retain my sinful indulgence intact. Taking conscious decision to be healthy led me to a delicious recipe shared by ztastylife.com by Amelia, the decadent and insanely healthy chocolate mousse. Merely whisking chocolate and water to incorporate air until it turns luscious creates the magic. Once allowing it to settle in the refrigerator for an hour or two it becomes mousse texture, but I managed to over do it. Never mind! We can salvage that by utilizing the same recipe to make truffles and chocolate mud!
Here is my version of Chocolate Mud recipe.
• 3/4 Cup of freshly brewed coffee
• 200 gm of 70% dark bittersweet chocolate
Note: Whisk them until it has a mud texture.
1. Early preparation: put a bowl in freezer to chill.
2. Pour coffee in a saucepan with water and chocolate to melt.
3. Put the saucepan in the chilled bowl with some ice. Mix it with electric mixture to incorporate enough air if going for mousse texture or keep a keen eye to just overdo a little to have a chocolate mud consistency.
4. Tada! Its ready. Enjoy a bowl of chocolate mud or pistachio covered truffles (roll chocolate mud in small balls and roll them in pistachio crush).
• Cuisinart hand mixer
If you try this recipe, please do share your experience.