The salad: Starring Zucchini and Carrot
Today’s quick fix – “Salad” with a little bit of this and a little bit of that – inspired to include rainbow chart influenced vegetable intake per day.
- Five different vegetables of various colors a day; listing some of the benefits below:
- To helps increase the fiber intake
- To help regulate the immune system and reduce the inflammation
- Get access to various minerals and vitamins like Phytonutrients, beta-carotene for vision, polyphenols for brain health
Ingredients: 1-2 servings
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- pinch of sugar
- 3-4 walnuts halves
- 1-2 tsp lime juice
- salt to taste
- One medium carrot
- One medium zucchini
- One Green Chili split or Jalapeno (Optional)
- Cilantro to garnish (Optional)
- Heat the oil in the pan and add cumin and sesame seeds.
- Roast to a golden brown color.
- Add the turmeric, cinnamon, garam masala, red chili powder, and walnuts halves to the oil.
- Add the grated zucchini and carrots and mix well and be sure not to overcook them.
- Get the pan off the heat to help retain the crunch.
- Add salt to taste, pinch of sugar, and lemon to brighten the color and the taste.
Learn more about:
Did you know?
- Zucchini are part of the gourd family and native to Central America and Mexico.
Dress up Zucchini and Carrot salad for the Party:
- Option 1: Serve it as an appetizer.
- Use the mix on top of nachos or crackers along with crumbled feta.
- Top the garlic bread with the mix and a sprinkle of cheese.
- Option 2: Change the flavor base and spice it up with Schezwan sauce.
More on Gluten-free recipes below:
- Ceramics: Christian Roy Poterie
- Grocery: Valley Farm Produce
- Tripod: Manfrotto – From Henrys
- Camera: Nikon D5300 – From Best Buy
- Lens: 50 mm 1/8 focal length – From Henrys
CALM Guest Pass Codes: Not Sponsored
Sharing the guest pass for you to experience the Calm app meditation techniques first hand. Please know the guest pass expires post one use, hence first come first served and one-time use only;
Please share your experience if you try the recipe.